A sustainable workplace
For Paf being a sustainable employer means that we strive to be an employer who is consciously working with development and transparency towards our employees, customers and business partners. As an employer for around 350 persons from many different countries, we are committed to creating the best possible working environment for our most important asset – our employees.
We want to ensure that all employees are given a good working environment that promotes safety, fairness and equality.
Our employees are the very core of our business and an inspiring work environment goes hand in hand with being able to give our customers what they want.
The staff is one of Paf’s focus areas for sustainability. We want to ensure all employees’ well-being and that they have the right conditions to develop professionally. Based on the UN’s global sustainability goals and the local Åland development and sustainability agenda’s strategic goals, we have identified how our sustainability work contributes to these.
The Åland sustainability agenda
Goal 2: Everyone feels trust and has real opportunities to participate in society
Goal 5: Attractiveness in living, visiting, and business
UN Global Development Goals
A balanced and active work environment
The gaming industry is rapidly evolving and the work pace is high, which is why the balance between work life and private life is incredibly important. We strive to offer our employees opportunities to find a good work situation that works for their life as a whole. Our staff is the key to Paf’s success. When all of us who work at Paf feel good, we are also able to perform better and grow professionally together.
- We work together, so we can improve our skills and our business.
- We want Paf to be an inspiring place to work.
- We believe our employees can grow and feel good in a fair, safe and equal working environment.
- We want to encourage our employees to grow and develop professionally, so they can use their full potential with us.
All of our offices are unique and therefore perks and benefits can vary from location to location. Some of our benefits include:
- Exercise hour - One exercise hour / week during work time.
- Applicable health insurances.
- Well designed working spaces, team rooms, conference rooms and social areas that support the agile mind-set and ensures good ergonomics.
- Fresh fruit and snacks in the office.
- Opportunity to choose your equipment & work only with the latest technologies.
We conduct a surveys every year to gather information and feedback from all employees at Paf. The results are then analyzed and evaluated within the teams, departments and by the Group Management. The aim of the survey is to be able to improve working methods, remove any bottlenecks and plan for long-term improvements.
One of the most inspiring workplaces in Finland
In 2021 Paf was named one of the most inspiring workplaces in Finland by Eezy Flow, thanks to our outstanding results in the annual People Power® employee survey.
Our employees in numbers
We have 29 different nationalities working at Paf (12/31/2020).
75,6 People Power Index
The People Power Index indicates our staff’s satisfaction with Paf as an employer, compa- red to the average level (68.2) for companies in Finland in 2020. Last year (2019), the figure was 70.8 for Paf.
Location and employees
Gender distribution, total
225 Men (66%)
117 Women (34%)
Gender distribution, management
34 Men (64%)
19 Women (36%)
Employee Forum is an annual event where all Paf’s employees gather at the head office in Mariehamn. The event consists of a day with workshops and activities that are arranged to enable the exchange of ideas and experiences between different teams. During the pandemic, the Employee Forum has been held digitally.
Leadership is very important at Paf. The leadership program consists of an introduction program for new leaders, leader sessions on different topics and mentorship. Furthermore Paf holds biannual leadership forums (remote or physical) to inspire, support and develop our leaders.
We use competency-based recruitment to ensure that our recruitment process is as objective and fair as possible. We define competence as an individual’s ability to translate experience, knowledge, personality and problem-solving ability into successful behaviors at work.
- Recruitment is based on a well-developed requirements profile. The requirements profile is free from discrimination.
- The recruitment process is structured based on the requirements profile.
- The selection process thus looks different depending on the role being recruited for and each step in the process has a clear purpose.
- We use technical tools such as work psychological tests as part of a balanced and open-minded assessment
Depending on the position you have applied for, you may be asked to perform a personality test to measure your characteristics. The psychometric tests we use have a solid research background and are always connected to the competency relevant for the job position. The test results are then being used as part of a collected assessment, and you will always get feedback on your results.
The reason why we are using personality tests is because we know people are much more than their knowledge and experiences – all of us have unique personalities, driving forces and qualities.