Sustainable business growth can only come from happy players. That is why responsible gaming is at the heart of everything we do.
Paf is an award-winning industry leader in responsible gaming. We are constantly evolving and innovating in this field. Not only is this socially responsible behaviour, but it also makes long term business sense. This is how we achieve sustainable growth that reflects our values.
We bring our responsible gaming mindset to every level of our business. All of our employees are empowered to put responsible gaming first. Essentially we believe that each player chooses how to play responsibly themselves. Our role is to build an environment in which the best choices are easier to make.
These are some of the ways we keep responsible gaming at the heart of our business.
- High quality Responsible Gaming tools for the players
- A yearly limit of €30,000
- Responsible Gaming Radar (driven by player data)
- Dialogue with players (a multi-level communication plan)
- Responsible Gaming competence development for specialists
- Responsible Gaming training for all our employees
- Supportive insurance for players with gambling addiction
Our responsible gaming tools
We have developed a wide range of tools to help our players play responsibly. We frequently remind our players that these tools are available to them.
Taking the lead on responsible gaming
Leading the industry
Paf hosts the Paf Responsible Gaming Summit every two years. Gaming operators, partners, academics and decision makers are invited to our home island of Åland. The participants engage in an open dialogue about responsible gaming in order to share knowledge and learn from each other.
Investing in new research
In September 2015 Paf embarked on a 4-year research project with the Department of Psychology at Stockholm University. This research centres on money gaming with a focus on setting limits, playing behaviour, attitudes to gaming tools and prediction. Real data from online gaming at Paf.com is used for the analysis. The research is divided into three studies:
- The preventive effect of players setting a voluntary monthly deposit limit at registration
- Players’ attitudes towards responsible gaming tools and communication
- Finding patterns that lead to self exclusion and making predictions from them
Insights from this work will helps us fine tune our responsible gaming tools, which helps our players make better informed decisions.